Monday, April 8, 2013

Conversations with Kate

Watching Kate turn into a little girl is so fun!  The best part by far are our conversations.  Not much gets by her anymore.  She asks what words we are "S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G."  Code conversations are getting harder and harder.  She listens to phone conversations and picks up on who you are talking to and asks what about.  She brings up things we talked about weeks ago.  And she asks a TON of questions..."what does that word mean?" "why does that animal do that?  She has a recent fascination with lightening bugs thanks to Edison on the Leap Frog movies.  I can't tell you how many times today she asked me, "Why does he have a light on his bottom?"  Lord, help me!!!!

I know I won't be able to remember every conversation, but I want to remember some...like the one we had tonight when I was putting her to bed.

"Every night in my bed it's kind of like a movie.  It's not a movie but like a movie.  And one night I saw hands from heaven.  I think they were God's hands.  They didn't have holes like Jesus' so they must have been God's.  Is that silly Mommy?  Do you do that?"

Which started a long conversation about dreams...and what God looks like.  Sweet Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment