Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Nap

Kate is officially a "one-napper." She started showing signs of wanting to drop the morning nap in mid-December but I didn't want to make any major changes right before we left for the holidays. (And I wasn't ready to give up "my time" from 9-11 and then 2-4). But when we got home, she played through the morning nap for 5 days straight...so I got the hint and decided it was time. Last Tuesday (January 5) was our first day. It has been quite the adjustment for both of us but Kate is doing really well. The hardest times are around 10:30 am and then again around 4:30 pm. So we have started watching Baby Einstein segments so she can just rest for a few minutes. She LOVES them.

Here are a few pictures of Kate watching Baby Einstein...

My mom gave Kate an old remote with no batteries. Kate always wants to hold it while she is sitting on the couch...
she must have thought something was funny...
into the show...
looks like she knows what to do with the remote...

15 month check-up...
Kate is 15 1/2 months but we just went in for her 15 month check-up
Height 32 1/4 inches tall (97%)
Weight 26 1/2 pounds (90%)

3 comments:

  1. Kate, I am bringing you two more Baby Einstein DVDs. Get ready to learn about all kinds of animals. I am so excited that I will see you soon. Love, JuJu

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one nap isn't as bad as you thought it would be, is it? I was dreading it but thankfully B. kind of made up that hour in the afternoon so I have 2-1/2 hours in the afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up some Baby Einstein DVD's at our library for Harper to try and she loves them!

    ReplyDelete