Monday, October 25, 2010

First day...

The grandparents went home Friday and Parker was here all weekend, so today was my first day to have both kids all by myself...And we made it!!! Last week I was a little overwhelmed but today I was ready to get us into a routine. It helps that I am feeling so much better and that we had no plans to leave the house all day.

Kate loves to hold Brynlee. Today we were playing in Kate's room and Brynlee was in another room asleep in the bouncy seat and Kate said, "Play with Bryn. I'll go get her." Don't worry...I was right behind her. Kate can be a little stinker too. I had Brynlee laying on her play mat and Kate was in there playing with her. I stepped out for 2 seconds and hear Brynlee start crying. I peek back in to check on her and Kate looks at me and says, "Don't sit on Bryn." So after that I put Brynlee in the safest place in the house...her crib.

Bryn and Kate...


Where's Brynlee??? I finally got a great pic of Kate looking up and forgot Brynlee had her huge animal paci in her mouth. Oh well...
I would say Kate has done an awesome job transitioning to sharing time with Mommy. Several times today I found Kate playing with her toys in her room. She is getting more and more independent. Tonight she was reading books in her room...so sweet.

Kate has starting saying "Bryn big girl bed" at bedtime. She loves it when we put Bryn in her bed while we sing songs before bedtime. And as you can tell, Brynlee doesn't seem to mind...
Tonight I had Brynlee swaddled but if she is not, Kate moves her hands to do the hand motions to the songs. "If You're Happy and You Know It" is the cutest. On the last verse she raises her arm to shout "hooray."
Night Night Kisses...

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are precious and priceless. They represent so many answered prayers for Kate and Brynlee as well as their parents. Love you all, JuJu

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO precious!! They are going to grow up to be the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete