Friday, November 19, 2010

A Day in the Life...

I should start this post by saying I really do love my life right now. I love staying home. I love both my girls. I love the stages they are both in right now. BUT some, or most, days are CRAZY. I was telling Parker the other day that some days I feel busy all day but look back and don't feel like anything major got accomplished except getting both girls fed, diapers changed, clothes changed, and me showered and "dressed" (usually a t-shirt and athletic shorts). I know all this is normal...and we are just still transitioning and getting into a routine.

Well, today was exceptionally crazy. So for all of you who wonder why I hardly ever answer my phone or why I return texts 4 hours later...here is a small glimpse at a day in the life of the Hamiltons...

This morning started with a bang! I laid Brynlee on the floor next to Kate so I could change Kate's diaper. I noticed that her feet were freezing so I grabbed some socks for her to put on. She did not want those socks and started throwing a fit, accidentally kicking Brynlee in the head. Both girls are crying...Accident #1.

Later, I was feeding Brynlee on Kate's bed while Kate was reading books. Kate came over to sit on my legs and jump on me (which she does all the time) and lost her balance and knocked her teeth in the back of Brynlee's head. Both girls are crying...Accident #2.

Tonight, I was putting Kate to bed (Parker is with clients at the Mavericks game). Instead of getting under the sheets and blanket, she got up to do one last jump between the pillows and hits her face on the bed frame. Kate is screaming...Accident #3.

Kate with the boo boo bunny...

"Hurts"
She hit the bedframe on the bridge right between her eyes...it is already swollen and bruised.
"Right here." Showing Mommy where she hit afterwards.

I had to put Brynlee down really fast when it happened. Thank goodness she is so laid back. She just hung out in Kate's bed...

2 comments:

  1. you're a great mom! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness. LOVE and much appreciate the honesty in this post. You are doing such a fabulous job! Your baby girls are so blessed to have you as Mommy.

    ReplyDelete