Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Forward Facing

After turning one year and being over 20 lbs, your child no longer has to ride rear-facing in the car. Well, Kate is 13 months now and WELL over 20 lbs. She has lengthwise outgrown her carseat. Her poor little feet have been dangling over the edge onto the back of the seat. But we (I) have been hesitant to turn her around because she is so great in the car. Why mess up a good thing???

Well, today was the big day! Her first day to ride forward-facing! For the first trip, we just went less than a mile to Sonic.


Kate kicked and squealed the first 5 minutes. I guess she thought it was funny to be able to see me!!! I have a video of it, but for some reason I couldn't get it to upload on blogger. I might try again later...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of forward facing car seats Kate! Colin would tell you it's great, except now he can see his mommy's Sonic drink and fusses because he wants some! Rear facing does have some advantages!

    ReplyDelete