Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pumpkin Farm

I love fall and pumpkins...and I have what Parker calls "romantic ideas" of family things to do. I heard about this great pumpkin farm about 20 miles north of where we live and thought it would be a fun place to take Kate. My mom is in town for the weekend so I thought it would be a good time to go. Kate is a little young and I know that she didn't fully know what was going on...and she won't remember...but we had a fun day.


So here are some pics from the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Celina, TX. It is a real pumpkin farm (not just a "patch") but it also has a petting zoo and hayride. And you get to take a small pumpkin home when you leave.


Feeding the goats
Kate actually put feed in her hands and let the goats lick it out. She was a trooper even though she was a little unsure...
Feeding the longhorn...

Kate is not sure what to think about the sheep...they were pretty aggresive...

Our little pumpkin...

Checking out the pumpkin...



JuJu and Kate

Me and Kate

The Pumpkin Farm....

The Hayride with JuJu...


on the hayride


Pig Haybale!


If you know my mom, this sign fits her perfectly....

Kate picking out her pumpkin

We had a great day at the farm...and we'll be back next year!!!

1 comment: