Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hamburglar

We had a pretty lazy Sunday. We were ready to go to church when we discovered at least 5 inches of snow outside and an icy driveway. So we just stayed home and watched basketball all day. After Kate's nap I was in her room and Parker was watching basketball. Kate was running back and forth. I hear Parker screaming in the other room...at a buzzer beater...so I run in there to watch the replay. As he is showing me the last 2o seconds of the Michigan St. game, I hear an unfamiliar sound in another room. I walk in the kitchen to see the rest of my hamburger from lunch in Kate's mouth. I yell, "Kate, NOOOO!" Parker said my screaming made it sound like she was about to nose-dive off the kitchen counter, but I feel like it was justified. Kate had a burger in her mouth that had been in the trash for at least 4 hours...sick. The more impressive part is she had taken it out of the wrapping. We were trying to be really stern with her because she knows she is not supposed to touch the trash can, but we both had to keep turning away and laughing. She really dug that burger out of the wrapper from the trash and was trying to eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! But, gross. Unfortunately, that won't be the last time she puts something nasty in her mouth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I can just see you signing "eat" as you work on getting that hamburger out of the wrapper. However, that is not the place to get your snacks. Love you so, JuJu

    ReplyDelete