Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Chip...

This afternoon I was standing in the kitchen making a list to run to the store. Kate came in with one of our decorative pillows from the couch and said, "pillow, sit." I turned to watch her sit on the pillow and out of nowhere...I am still not sure what happened...she face planted into the tile. She came up SCREAMING. As I picked her up, there was blood in her mouth. Of course, my stomach dropped. She was super upset and I couldn't tell what was bleeding...her lip, tongue, gums, etc. She finally calmed down and I saw she had chipped her front tooth, and maybe both of them. She never would let me get a good look at them or feel it, although I can tell the jagged edge is really sharp. Other than rubbing her tongue over the teeth, she acted fine tonight. Thankfully, Parker's mom was a dental hygienist and she talked me through things to look for in the next few days. I am hoping it ends up being just a small chip in a baby tooth that is no big deal.

I took some pictures of the chip to send to Parker's mom so I thought I would post them...



I was so close with the flash, this one looks like a 3D/4D sonogram picture...and that is a toothbrush in her mouth.

1 comment: