Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Adjusting

It has been fascinating to watch Kate adjust to having a little sister. She watches everything we do with Brynlee so closely. She mimics what we say (tone and all) and how we interact with her. She usually wants us to give her attention the same way (if I am tickling Bryn she wants to be tickled, etc.) Yesterday, Brynlee was sitting in my lap. Kate wanted me to put Brynlee down so she could sit in my lap. When I told her not right now, a meltdown ensued. Kate gets plenty of attention, love, and one-on-one time but sometimes I catch myself worrying a little about her.

One thing is for sure...she can't wait for Brynlee to be old enough to play. This morning I saw a glimpse of what is to come...

Kate was playing in her room. Brynlee was on the playmat in the hall. I looked up to find this.

Kate took toys from her room to play with on the mat...
At first she was just playing by herself...
Then she started "sharing" her eggs with Bryn...
and telling her what color they are...
and that they "squeak"...
and showing her how to put them back together...

Then helping her do it...
All-in- all, Kate is adjusting amazingly well. I know that we will have our share of drama and fighting...but these little moments make me so excited for the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet moments. Janet, I am so grateful that you are recording these precious times. What a treasure your blog is.
    And I am grateful to God that you and your sister had many more of good moments than the fighting ones. You both are such a blessing - and fantastic mothers. Love to all, Mom

    ReplyDelete