Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Day in Pictures

Brynlee woke up crying this morning at 5 AM. When I checked on her she was in her swaddle on her tummy flopping like a little fish. It is probably time to "break" her of the swaddle but I don't know how. So I thought we would stay home today to "work" on learning to sleep without a swaddle blanket. The first nap was a total failure...meaning, she never went to sleep until I swaddled her an hour and a half later. ugh. The second nap, she was so tired she fell asleep, only to wake herself up 45 minutes into it to be swaddled. Third nap, I swaddled her immediately. Tomorrow is a new day, right? In the midst of "nap training" she did move herself to a 4 hour feeding schedule. We will see if that sticks.

Anyway, Kate and I had a great day playing around the house while Brynlee was unsucessfully learning to sleep without a swaddle. Here is our day in pictures...

While I was getting ready Kate found one of my baseball hats. She wore it around the house saying, "hat like Daddy."


Kate LOVES stickers!!!! My sister found this Fancy Nancy sticker book. Kate had the best time dressing up Fancy Nancy and decorating for her tea party.




After her nap, we made a special drink. Our sweet friends Kendra and Macie mailed Kate a care package all the way from Wisconsin! In it was this book...
Kate loves it! We read it every day...several times. In the book, Pinkalicious makes her lemonade pink with strawberries...so I thought it would be fun to make a "pink drink" with Kate.

Unlike Pinkalicious' mom, I cheated a little and didn't make my lemonade from scratch...

but Kate still loved it...she helped me wash the strawberries, blend them into juice and then pour it in the lemonade...ta da...our "pink drink...
It was really yummy!

And lately, not a day goes by where we don't watch Miss Pattycake at least once. She knows every word. I love watching her march around and sing these Bible Songs.

1 comment:

  1. so glad kate likes the fancy nancy sticker book! i looked everywhere for that thing!
    hope bryn does better tomorrow with the no-swaddle.

    ReplyDelete