Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Anxious Heart

This Friday, March 4 is Kate's eye surgery. We went to her pre-op appt yesterday. Even though it is "minor, outpatient" surgery...it doesn't seem "minor" when it is your baby. Needless to say my heart has been a little anxious. These are some of the verses I have been clinging to and trusting in for my sweet little girl...

I praise you, for Kate is fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works. Psalm 139:14

For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever. Psalm 100:5

Yet I will not forget you. Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hand. Isaiah 49:16

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. Psalm 56:3-4

Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you. Psalms 33:20-22


I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 16:8


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22

5 comments:

  1. Praying! We will absolutely be thinking of you and Parker, Miss Kate and Kate's doctors on Friday. We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome verses! Strengthen us, O Lord according to Your Word...we put our
    hope in Your Word! Ps. 119:28,43

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for our precious Kate knowing she is in His hands.
    Love, Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for an easy day on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are praying for you all! p prayed for 'cat' tonight. we love you all!

    ReplyDelete