Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thursday...

Thursday was probably the hardest day I have had since having 2 kids. Kate was having meltdowns over not going potty, Bryn was crying every time I left the room, Kate pushed Bryn over and Bryn hit her head on the wall, Bryn wanted to be held, Kate bit Bryn in the tummy, Bryn took terrible naps, Kate had a major accident, we'd been stuck in the house (thanks to potty training)...

I had a few of those thoughts like, WHAT HAVE WE DONE? But I know every day is not perfect. Some days are just hard. And it just happened that these things happened all at once. And I love being at home with my girls...so I just did a little exercise for myself...just to change my perspective...and I started trying to look for the GOOD things that were happening.

Kate was JUST on day 2 of potty training (not day 222), Bryn is typically such an easy, happy baby, Kate is sweet to Bryn 95% of the time but she is 2 and looses self-control and plays too rough sometimes, some days babies take bad naps, Kate will be potty trained one day, and we will be able to leave the house again...eventually. This is the stage we are in and when I look at the big picture I wouldn't trade it for the world...I love each and every phase of watching these girls grow up.

Why is it so much easier to dwell on the bad things instead of the good? I took a few pictures of the sweet moments just to help me keep perspective...
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." Phil 4:8


I love that the verses before that one say, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7



And just because I want to remember...this is how Bryn sits in her carseat...

No comments:

Post a Comment