Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dallas Zoo

Parker and I took the girls to the Dallas Zoo Friday morning.  It was my first time to go.  Since I moved to Dallas 10 years ago I'd always heard the Fort Worth Zoo was better.  I guess they renovated the Dallas Zoo a couple years ago so we thought it was time we went.  I have to admit, it was pretty awesome.  It didn't seem as "zooish."  The animals were really active.  We saw giraffes and zebras running across this huge field and a rhino charge and pick up this fallen tree trunk.  Here are some pictures from our trip.

Penguins...

Parker, Bryn and Kate watching the Gorilla.  This was Bryn's 1st trip since she has started talking and knows the animals.  When we walked off she would say, "bye bye monkey, etc."



 Check out that tongue...

 Cheetah...



 When we saw the Lions, Kate told Parker it was like "Lion King."

 Kate wanted to pose by this statue...

 Flamingos..
 The rhino...

 Koala exhibit...
 After we left I asked Kate what her favorite animal was.  She said the penguins and the flamingos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment