Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Photo Shoot Fail

I had the brilliant idea to try to take the girls 4 year and 2 year old pictures myself.  The past few years I have had them professionally done, but it is harder and harder to get them to cooperate.  So I thought...I will get some balloons and we'll just go outside and have fun with them.  If it works, great.  If not, oh well.  What could possibly go wrong? 
 
So this morning, after doing a birthday breakfast and opening gifts (more on that later), I got the girls dressed and we went and got balloons.  Kate picked her 4 colors out, Brynlee hers, and they were both so excited.  I even bought the weights so the balloons wouldn't fly away!
 
We went to the pond across from our house...we hadn't been there 1 minute and POP!!!!  Kate's green balloon...gone. 
 
 I thought Brynlee would be upset from the noise...nope, she was fine!
 
 POP...Kate's blue balloon...gone.  Kate was devastated to say the least.  My green one...my blue one...I only have 2 balloons, not 4.

DEVASTATED...

And this is what you call a PHOTO SHOOT FAIL!!!
 
It was so windy that when the balloons hit the dew on the grass, they popped.  That's my guess...I am no scientist.
 
Bryn didn't seem to mind...she just kept saying Kate's balloon popped.  Kate is sad... 

Did I mention it was windy???

I didn't think Kate was ever going to recover...

Mourning the lost balloons.  Don't worry...these 2 popped too.  As a matter of fact, all the balloons were gone within 10 minutes.  It became funny...to me at least. 

Kate eventually (about 20 minutes later) got over it and I got a few decent pictures...
but I will post those later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment