Saturday, October 13, 2012

229 Leo

229 Leo.

The house my dad and his 4 older brothers grew up in, the house that I spent every Thanksgiving and Christmas morning as a child, the house where I hunted Easter eggs, the house where my grandmother lived for 75 plus years...

with a sea foam green kitchen and NO dishwasher...
My grandmother passed away several years ago, but the brothers are just getting the house ready to sell.  There is an estate sale next weekend.  My dad and I went over there today so I could walk through it one last time.  Even though it is set up like an estate sale, it brought back so many memories from my childhood...
 
These ceramics my grandmother made were all over the house.  
 
 
My grandmother loved Coke.  She drank it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I blame her for my love of Coke...
 

 
Dad found papers in this desk from my sister and I playing"school."
 
We took a family picture on these steps every year...
 
Every. Year.  But I will only post one...
 
I found this gem on the wall.  I am adding it to my fall decorations.  One last memory from 229 Leo.

No comments:

Post a Comment