Sunday, October 14, 2012

Trip to Shreveport

The girls and I went to Shreveport for the weekend while Parker had a guys weekend in Dallas for the OU/TX game.  I was excited to take the girls to the Red River Revel.  It's a huge arts festival in Shreveport with vendors, live music, food and fun stuff for kids. 
 
The first thing we did was SAND ART.  I bet I made one of these every year as a child.  Kate loved it.  Brynlee, on the other hand, was in quite the mood.  She wanted me to hold her and was very unsure.  She finally warmed up and made one too.  I have no pictures of that since I was holding her the whole time. 
 
Kate and Amber...



After they glued the top on, the man handed Brynlee's back to her.  I tried to take it from her but she was not having it.  I told her not to drop it because it would break and literally 30 seconds later...BOOM.  She stared at it for a long time and then started crying, "I want another one." 

So we moved on to something a little more age appropriate for Brynlee...



Then we went to the grocery store. 

Brynlee loved this.  She pushed her cart into everyone and had fun putting a few things in there too!

They gave Kate a list and told her to find all the things on her list. 


Waiting patiently to check out...

Then we ate lunch.  I got the girls their 1st funnel cake.  Kate's first question, "Where is the icing?"  But no icing didn't stop her from eating most of it...

Brynlee was not even going to try it.  She kept pushing my mom's hand away. 


Friday afternoon we had our final birthday celebration for Brynlee...

She licks the icing off first...
 just like her sister...

Opening presents from JuJu and PaPa T. 


Saturday afternoon my mom got tickets for a play...Aristocats.  This was Kate's first play and she did GREAT! 


Such a fun weekend in Shreveport!  Thanks JuJu and PaPa T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment