Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ROUGH DAY!

Whew...it has been a rough two days at our house. It all started yesterday morning. When I got Kate up yesterday I could tell she didn't feel good. She didn't drink much of her milk and only ate about 1/4 of her oatmeal...THIS IS NOT NORMAL. She would occasionally hold her tummy, but other than that she was acting normal...smiling, asking to read books, etc. We were sitting in her room doing a puzzle and it happened...Kate threw up. This was a first for us. Fortunately, Kate has never really been sick (besides having a cold). She was pretty calm...she was just really confused and wanted a rag. This child HATES to be dirty. I called our dr. and they said to just keep her on a bland diet for 24 hours and watch her.
She acted pretty normal the rest of the day, except she barely ate. I made chicken and rice soup, which she wouldn't eat. The only thing I could get her to eat all day were goldfish. Until dinner...she wanted blueberries. I only gave her a few but she asked for more. I figured she must feel better, so I gave her more and she ate them all. BIG MISTAKE!!!
This morning I heard her in the monitor saying something. Usually she wakes up babbling, but I could tell she was saying the same word over and over. The word was "dirty." I walked in her room to the saddest sight. She, her bed, and lambie were covered in blueberries. It took me a minute to figure out what happened. And I still have no idea what time she threw up because I never heard anything in the monitor. I felt terrible. It was so bad I had to take a few pictures...it doesn't look like throw up. It looks like dried blueberries and spilled grape juice. And these pictures don't even really do it justice.

Here is Kate drinking pedialyte...once again, she was acting normal. Look at those pajamas...YUCK!
And I apologize for the bed head...that was the least of my worries...
The other side...notice lambie is covered too. Good thing he is machine washable (and we have a back-up, which we needed today!)

Here is the crib...

You can't really tell just how bad it was, but you get the idea.
I am really posting these pictures for my mom. After I got Kate changed and situated, I called my mom asking how to get this out. My mom is the master of getting any stain out of clothes...seriously, she is the best. (I think this is because my dad is the master spiller and ruiner of clothes, thanks to pens, gum, etc. left in his pockets). She has had LOTS of practice!!! After literally 3 washes, 2 different detergents, 2 different stain removers, and 10+ phone calls to mom, I think I got all the blueberry stain out.

1 comment:

  1. bless her heart. the one time b was sick with a stomach thing, it was so sad... he was completely helpless. hoping she's feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete